Please join us for a fun evening of food, fellowship, and silent auction, Thursday evening, September 6 at the Lodge at Oakwood Trails. Weâ€™ll eat about 6:30 but come early if youâ€™d like to bird the area. Weâ€™re going casual again this year; bring your own food (sandwiches was the norm last year). Drinks, dessert and homemade ice cream will be provided. Please bring an item (or several) for our auction. After we eat weâ€™ll bid on these items as a way to raise funds for our bird blind. Some items already donated include:
- Book: â€œThe Grail Bird: the Rediscovery of the Ivory-billed Woodpeckerâ€ by Tim Gallagher and personally autographed by Bobby Harrison
- Book: â€œExploring the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trailâ€ by Mel White
- Book: â€œBird Songsâ€ by Les Beletsky featuring audio from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology on 250 North American birds.
- Field guide â€œBirds of Texasâ€ by Rappole and Blacklock
- Ivory-billed Woodpecker t-shirt (size large)
- Bird posters and games
- Bird note cards
- Hand painted decorative bird feeder with a Black-bellied Whistling-Duck depicted on the front
And the list keeps growing. Check the website to see pictures of these items; come back often to see updates. Yes, weâ€™ll elect officers, give out a few awards, and have a short program if time allows. Hope to see you there!