The Big Country Audubon Society is a group of people whose purpose is to promote awareness, appreciation and understanding of birds, other wildlife, and natural habitats.
Since 1983 Big Country Audubon Society has served the birding needs of the Big Country. Examples of our current and past activities:
- Reveal the remarkable birdlife and natural habitat present in the Big Country through newsletters, programs, field trips, and expert assistance
- Report rare bird alerts via our hotline (325) 480-1089 and website
- Establish and maintain bird blinds and other viewing facilities
- Build, install, and monitor nest boxes
- Encourage awareness and use of native plants to attract and support birdlife
- Provide educational birding classes at elementary schools