During our year end potluck get together at Cedar Gap Farms, we were treated to a trio of bunting species.
Number of species:Â Â Â Â 19
- Wild Turkey – 1
- Mourning Dove – 3
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird – 2Â Â Â Â male;
- Black-chinned Hummingbird – 2Â Â Â Â male;
- Ruby-throated/Black-chinned Hummingbird – 3Â Â Â Â female;
- Black-crested Titmouse – 5
- Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) – 1
- Chipping Sparrow – 5
- Clay-colored Sparrow – 1
- Lark Sparrow – 2
- Summer Tanager – 2Â Â Â Â male; female; first of season;
- Northern Cardinal – 15
- Blue Grosbeak – 1
- Lazuli Bunting – 5Â Â Â Â male; female; excellent looks, coming into feed repeatedly. Earlene Hutto says that she sees this bird nearly every year during migration.
- Lazuli x Indigo Bunting (hybrid) – 1
- Indigo Bunting – 2Â Â Â Â male; female;
- Painted Bunting – 7Â Â Â Â male; female;
- Red-winged Blackbird – 6
- Brown-headed Cowbird – 2
- House Finch – 2
- Pine Siskin – 30Â Â Â Â Very large numbers of birds coming into the feeder
Sightings by all who attended.